Monday, January 31, 2011

Week Four, Monday.

Yep, I'm feeling about as flat as that title, but that has nothing to do with my wonderful new lifestyle choice :-) It's nearly a month, see, and female readers will read between the lines. Even vegans get PMT, it seems :-)

Anyway, I'm well into the swing of DELTA assignments - did I already mention, 18 assignments in 17 weeks? Oh, and it isn't just "write something, hand it in and wait for feedback..." It is "write something, hand it in, read what everyone else has written, give feedback, wait for feedback on both what you've written, and the feedback you gave..." I'm loving it, really :-) Trying to absorb all the terminology so that I can fling it down on the page on June 1, and sound knowledgeably concise ... My 40 year old brain just about wants to tell me what I can do with the DELTA.

Anyway, today's menu. Chaos. I just wanted to mention again, because I haven't for quite some time, my vegan breakfast of choice: Overnight Oatmeal. The wonderful and very tasty cereal I've been eating for years (oh, how I miss the freeze-dried red fruit pieces!) was riddled with dairy, so it had to go! Now I roll my oats before I go to bed, mix them with sunflower seeds, linseeds, sultanas and cinnamon, and pour soy milk over. Put it in the fridge, covered, and in the morning, I give it a stir and add some agave, or maple, or malt syrup for sweetness. That's it. Delicious, and it really keeps me going until lunch time.

Lunch today was a really thick and creamy mushroom noodle soup, of which I ate MUCH more than I should have done! Fruit then followed, of course (I have stopped mentioning the fruit, but am eating at least 5 pieces a day!).

Dinner was hurried - daughter had dance, and it is my week to take the girls. I made a soup from barley, buckwheat and yellow lentils, flavoured with spring onions, grated carrots and a little celery, and a potato. By the time we got home, it was more of a grainy stew than a soup, but it was delicious, and there is enough for hubby's lunch tomorrow, and probably mine, too, so BONUS!

Okay, off to do more work/study...

Work always expands to fill all available time...I officially have NO more available time, but more work keeps on arriving. At some point very soon, the balance is going to tip, and I am going to run screaming mad ...

or else I'm just going to keep on getting everything done, keep on smiling, and on June 2, sit down quietly in the theatre in Viterbo to watch my daughter's ballet recital, happy in the knowledge that, whatever the result, I did the best on the exam that I knew how to do at the time.

I vote for option two :-)

No comments: