Monday, January 24, 2011

Disappointment

(This might be a too-much-information kind of post, so don't read on if you don't want to know too much!)

I was on a high - I'm loving being a vegan. I feel so good on this diet/lifestyle. So I was (perhaps naively) thinking that my tummy troubles were behind me...

Until I woke at 5a.m. this morning with severe heartburn - in fact, it felt like the beginning of a gallstone attack, and I know that can't be possible, because I had that operation in September.

It is either the hernia or an ulcer - must get my results from the hospital this week. However, I'm blaming it on the packet of crisps I had at the cinema yesterday, because otherwise it was the white bread bruschetta I had with my beetroot salad for dinner, and I don't want to give up that Sunday evening treat just yet...

I'm writing at 9 a.m., and am still shaky and acidy, which happens after an attack. Luckily I only have the pre-schoolers this morning, then can rest.

This is just a wobble. Every day that passes, I am more convinced that I've made the right decision for my body. Health-food shop/guru guy says 21 days is the magic number, so let's see if one more week makes a difference.

No comments: