Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Something about a BUSY day which means you can fit more in...

Or at least that's what it always seems like to me. A "day off" may result in achieving nothing, whereas a day with four lessons, a trip to the doctor, dance for the daughter, study and lesson planning results in...
dinner ready at 2 p.m!

We're only half-way through Day Eleven as I write this, but I'm going to post the menu plan now, as I have a moment...just a moment :-)

Lunch: leftover Braised Seitan with 60gr wholemeal pasta (and fruit to follow). The Seitan was even MORE delicious and flavoursome today, after its night in the fridge (just realised that I didn't take a photo! Bother!)

Dinner:


Vegan Mushroom and Zucchini Quiche
Brown Rice Salad from imagination
One Vegan quiche, adapted from this recipe, and a brown rice salad, with olives, capers and sundried tomatoes. Rounding it all out with the grated carrot salad, which is becoming a bit of a fixture! Tasty, raw, colourful - it just feels right on the table. (UPDATE: Modified the Carrot Salad, by adding a small chopped shallot, some sunflower and pumpkin seeds, some sultanas, some ground linseeds, and some toasted chickpeas. Made a dressing with oil, salt, pepper, dried basil, and nutritional yeast, and apple cider vinegar. Let it sit for an hour - WONDERFUL modification!)
(A word about the quiche. It was very quiche-like in texture, but not so much in taste. I put too much turmeric in it, so you could taste it. Next time I'll either use less, or use saffron, which is pretty much tasteless. But there WILL be a next time, and next time I'm going to make my own vegan wholemeal pastry, without resorting to store-bought. I hope that it works with olive oil, because I refuse to add margarine to our diet, just because it is animal-free!)

Oh - daughter ate everything, son nothing (his Nonna made him his favourite soup instead...vegie broth with small pasta cooked in it.)

No comments: