Saturday, January 15, 2011

Vegan Adventure Week One Complete...

Yahoo!!! I've made it through to the evening of Day Seven without (m)any challenging moments. Menu plan today was easy - mother-in-law cooked lunch because I was at work (and because that is usually the meal we all have together as an extended family in the week).

Lunch was spinach risotto, followed by pan-roasted pumpkin and potatoes with rosemary and garlic. I finished with fruit, but the others had Bignè for hubby's birthday. They didn't attract me at all, and I didn't feel like I was missing anything.

Dinner was left-overs. Yay for being able to produce a vegan leftover dinner :-) The kids had finger food platters, which they always love (not vegan, as they had cheese pieces to round out their plates). I had the last pita pocket, with the last of the mushroom and walnut paté, as well as a big bowl of salad (lettuce, radicchio and grated carrot, with a simple olive oil and apple cider vinegar dressing and nutritional yeast flakes), and then I finished off the fruit salad from yesterday.

I'm stuffed to the gunnels, and completely satisfied. Right now, being a vegan is rocking my world.

Also should add - weight loss Week One - 500 gr (just over a pound for our American readers...). Gotta love that bonus side-effect!

Next week, I will probably only post if I make something REALLY delicious, or discover something new, because the DELTA starts on Monday, and I'm already feeling the pressure of preparing lessons while studying, while blogging, while thinking about what's for dinner...

And if I DO blog, I'm probably going to write more about teaching...

Unless you REALLY want to know about the week's menu plan ;-)

No comments: