Tuesday, January 18, 2011

DAY TEN! Worth celebrating - shame I have no time for that.

Found some more Cavolo Nero at the small market in Piazza San Faustino, so I was very happy. I'm finding that I'm craving fruit, fruit and more fruit, so I bought oranges fresh from Sicily, mandarins, and bananas. Bananas are such a perfect snack - easy to transport, not messy to eat, and very filling.

Menu plan: Lunch was cold wholemeal pasta (50gr) with 2 carrots (I peel and slice the carrots, put them in the pot with the cold water, bring it to the boil, add the pasta, cook for 10 mins, and it's ready to go!). I made a dressing with dried herbs, chilli flakes, and nutrional yeast and olive oil. An orange, 2 mandarins and a banana, and that was lunch.

Dinner was a bit more involved, but very, very tasty! I made Braised Seitan with Broccoli (didn't have the Brussels Sprouts the recipe called for, but broccoli worked well), Kale and Sun-Dried Tomatoes. This is a recipe from The Veganomicon, and colourful, easy to make, and it tasted as good as it looked! The Seitan didn't pick up the flavours as much as I thought it would, but it was still a very satisfying dish. I did plain boiled potatoes as a side, dressed with olive oil. Oh, and a grated carrot salad, and ended with two kiwi-fruit.

---------------------------------

Change of Subject

DELTA - Day Two and it has taken over my life pretty much. Which is what I expected. I'm working on Task 1 and 2 simultaneously, and everything else, including facebook, favourite TV, and the occasional game of Angry Birds, has been put away...

It's only six months. I can do anything for six months .... :-)

No comments: