Monday, January 24, 2011

The day got better...

Just.

The pre-school class was a little bit of a nightmare this morning - the teacher was distracted by parents coming in for enrolment for September, and the pupils certainly take advantage! I solved the problem by teaching them the Hokey-Tokey (thanks to my colleague and great friend Heather for that idea!), and that passed a full half-hour! All the body parts! Excellent stuff.

As to the diet etc...

Acidy all day (need those ulcer test results to confirm my suspicions...)

Lunch was the last of the wonderful Beetroot, Orange and Cannellini Bean salad - the beans were pink all the way through today :-) The usual fruit to finish.

Dinner was a wonderfully rustic soup - Spelt (Farro), Split peas and yellow lentils. I sautéed a little spring onion, garlic and diced carrots in olive oil, then added the rinsed grain and legumes (grain+legume=complete protein), "enough" water, a little salt and voilà! Left it to simmer for 35 minutes, then put the lid on and let it rest for another ten. Creamy, tasty, and warming. As a side, I sliced some button mushrooms, and sautéed them with oil and a mix of dried rosemary, oregano, basil and a little red hot chilli pepper (at this point, I give up on the stomach. It will either be bad or it won't - there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason). For a salty taste, I added half a teaspoon of Miso. TASTY!!!

An apple to finish, and another Happy Vegan Day to  me!  

2 comments:

LindyLouMac said...

Ciao and best wishes for 2011, I am back at last catching up on so much that I missed while I was away from the blogsphere! Sorry to hear you have been feeling unwell, hope it gets sorted soon. Take Care.

JoGillespie said...

Hi again LindyLouMac, and welcome back. Thanks for leaving a comment. I'm undertaking a 30 day vegan challenge to try to give my body a chance to fix itself.
Hugs
Jo