Wednesday, February 9, 2011

I missed a day! That was awful!

Am now an official blogging addict :-)
I spent some of my yesterday working on the DELTA, some of it working on lesson plans, and the REST of it (until *ahem* 1.45am) EDITING THE BOOK! Finally! The The Clendon Award deadline is fast approaching, and nothing makes me focus more than a looming deadline. Hated not having time for a blog post!

Of course, woke up dazed and confused this morning, checked the fine print, realised what I THOUGHT was meant by "ARC Format" wasn't what it was at all...much cursing and gnashing of teeth, and frantic "well, if I do this, race here, duck over there, and squeeze that in here" - upshot was that I DID NOT GET IT IN THE MAIL today...nor even printed out! I did, however, get it whipped into what I believe is ARC format! I compared it to a published paperback, and it looks pretty similar :-)

Yesterday's meals were great! Still vegan...my m-i-l made pumpkin risotto for lunch, so I nabbed a plate of that (she's very careful to let NO cheese near it now - poor thing, I think she's terrified), and then for dinner, I finally made Veganomicon's chickpea cutlets! Wahoo! They are AWESOME. And as there is a slight snarky note about how the recipe has appeared on blogs all over the 'net, I'm NOT going to be one of them! You'll just have to google ;-)

 Don't they look just like schnitzel?
While making the chips, I managed to totally wreck my food processor bowl! I guess one of the spuds was too heavy - the blade buckled, the plate support snapped clean in two, and the plastic bowl cracked all over the bottom, and up the side! Gave me one heck of a fright - luckily, most of the chips were cut. And I can get replacement parts...no-one was injured, and that's the most important thing.

Today - first time I've had lunch at the bar since Day One (thanks, Heather, for making me GET OUT MORE!). Carlo from Cafe Ripasso in Viterbo is such a honey (can I still call people honey now I'm vegan?), and made me a super plate of grilled eggplant and zucchini, with olive oil and garlic (apologies to colleagues at meeting afterwards), and mini bruschette...yummy!

Dinner was the rest of the split pea soup from Monday, which I padded out with wholemeal pasta stars. And lots of fruit to follow. Gotta have that fruit!

Right, back to the DELTA, and lesson planning I go...but relieved in the knowledge that I have finished the book (Novel One, finished first draft, haven't finished editing. Novel Two, haven't finished first draft. Novel Three - contest ready, baby!).

No comments: