Friday, February 11, 2011

Good food day.

I was at home, studying today. I finished Assignment/Task Four, and sent it in. Then I made lunch for daughter and me. We had wholemeal pasta with a tomato/cannellini bean sauce.
And I made dinner while I was at it, because I had to take daughter to dentist in the afternoon, do the shopping, run an errand for a friend, AND SEND MY BOOK to the competition (which I did! Great feeling!).
So dinner was grilled eggplant slices, and then I made up a vegetable stew kind of thing.
Olive oil, sautéed two leeks, added some garlic, then added eggplant, diced small, some sliced zucchini, then some sliced mushrooms. I then added some miso, tomato paste, oregano and basil, and some red wine, and let that stew for some time...then added some cooked cannellini beans, put the lid on, and turned off the heat. I reheated it at dinner time. All the flavours had melded, and the texture was wonderful - creamy, tasty, herby, warming. The photo is dreadful ;-) We had that with the grilled eggplant slices, and some Valeriana  salad greens (apparently known in English as Lamb's Lettuce) - they were on sale at the market today, and looked so pretty! I just dressed them with a little olive oil...didn't even need salt.
And that was today as it happened...

The other news is that my volcano in Iceland (I say "mine" - I mean the one my book is loosely based on) just started erupting! Which would be super marketing, if my book was ready to be published!
Iceland volcano...again

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

happypop summed it up well. You really have been so inventive with your food since going 'vegan'.

LindyLouMac said...

Lambs lettuce is one of our favourite salad leaves, have tried to grow it but it keeps getting eaten before we harvest!

JoGillespie said...

Lindy, what eats it? Snails? Caterpillars? Or LAMBS? ;-)