Sunday, February 6, 2011

Day 29...WOW!!!

One day off completing the 30 day Vegan challenge...but certainly not one day off going back to "normal". Vegan is my NEW NORMAL. There are still some things which need tweaking (one of them being QUANTITY). In the first two weeks, I lost a kilo...in the second two weeks, I put it back on. Looking back over the four week menu plan, I'd say this is because of the amount of grains I started adding (like bread, which I don't usually eat at all), and is probably also due to the amount of sitting and studying I'm doing - no exercise gives Jo a big tummy...

The spring weather seems to have arrived (whether it lasts or not remains to be seen), so I might be able to slip in a few more walks during the week now. I'm thinking of either recording all my notes as a podcast, or else downloading some discourse analysis podcasts, and listening to them while I walk - so I don't feel so guilty about stepping away from the desk.

Okay, on to what we ate and made today.

Breakfast - the usual.
Lunch - the usual for Sunday - wholemeal pasta alla Puttanesca! Yummy as always.
Dinner - I had the left-over left-over pumpkin from yesterday's lunch, reheated, smushed up and spread lavishly on toast! Wonderful...then fruit.


I also made RICE MILK today, after scaring myself by reading too much about soy...I used the recipe from my new favourite blog vegan reader and one cup of rice made A LOT of milk, so I'm hoping I won't be the only one using it.



It's that funny brown colour because I used maple syrup to sweeten it. It isn't too bad, but the real test is coffee tomorrow morning! 
And because making rice milk creates nearly 3/4 cup of rice bran (from one cup of rice), it was time to make rice-bran/raisin/oatmeal cookies! And they are wonderful! 







You can just SEE the goodness, right? 

I feel like tomorrow should be a celebration, but I'm working, then picking up daughter's school report (a two hour mission last year...), so not sure that dinner is going to be out of the ordinary. I'll be dancing in bliss all day though! 30 Days a vegan...





No comments: