Saturday, February 5, 2011

Day 28. That's Four Weeks. Not a month.

Another Saturday, another wonderful lunch from my mother-in-law, who hasn't realised she's now cooking vegan at the weekend :-) Well, once a weekend, anyway.
We had her wonderful spinach risotto (and I wanted to take a photo, really...) - spinach from our garden, so all the more special. White rice, but hey, let's not rock her boat toooooo much!
Then followed by the (by now standard, but by no means boring!) roast pumpkin, cardi and oven baked potatoes with fennel seeds. Yummy!

For dinner, all I did was re-heat the leftover cardi and pumpkin, and added some beans on the side, dressed with olive oil and garlic smoked salt. Super! The kids had carrot sticks and apple slices instead of the vegies, and also stewed pears for dessert (slightly sweetened with agave syrup, as a special treat).

I feel all virtuous today. The pumpkin looks like a big smile on my plate :-)

No comments: