Saturday, March 5, 2011

Another update

I guess I knew that this would happen - once the challenge ended, so did the blogging. I AM still vegan, though, and we've still been eating well, as my ever-expanding behind proves. I thought I would share a few new photos of some of our more interesting meals. And then I thought I'd share my NEW 30 day challenge idea...
Grilled eggplant with parsley

vegie burgers made with okara, carrots, zucchini and rolled oats

ugly looking but normal tasting home-made tofu

Samosa-stuffed pastie. Fine! VERY FINE!


Still my fave from Veganomicon - seitan with brussel sprouts, kale and sundried tomatoes.


And the new challenge is (mostly to get me blogging again!) -
Building exercise into every day for 30 days. I'm enjoying my food too much, and it is showing. Spring is in the air, and with that, the desire to shed what I am kindly calling my winter weight...
So, as my diet is probably not going to change much (trying to keep up with calorie intake, plus vitamins, minerals, fatty acids, protein, etc etc...), my exercise regime MUST change.

Today I began with 20 minutes on the orbital trainer. That felt good - made me quite grumpy for the rest of the day, and my sit-down muscles are telling me to go to Hades right now...
Tomorrow might include a trip to the snow - I'll try to make that count.

Wish me luck - I hope to be as successful in THIS new challenge as I was in the last!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

All the best Jo in your new challenge. I love all your pictures - you really have been so adventurous.

LindyLouMac said...

Well done with the last challenge and good luck with the exercise one, something I need to increase myself but still so cold. I have also just become an official follower, I thought I already was but it seems I was just a subscriber before, not sure what the difference is really!

JoGillespie said...

Hi there, thanks for your comments. Happypop, I'm happy with a salad these days, although barbequed eggplant is very special. Cathy, I don't really feel adventurous as such - more inspired, really! And Lindy, that is a bit odd, but I'm glad you're following now, and thank you for that! I'd rather be exercising outdoors, but it IS cold...so I'm lucky I have my orbital trainer.