Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Still doing it

I got up at 6a.m. again, and did another 25 minutes on the orbital trainer. It was tough - it really is the blog that keeps me to it! How odd. Remembering to take the iphone (with podcasts) upstairs before going to bed helped! Very interesting podcasts on ten odd animals in history - only listened to the first five, so will listen to the other five next time I'm on board.
I also walked from my car to school and back - which granted, only takes seven minutes, but that is 14 minutes in total. It counts, right?
And when I got home from work, Miss 7 reminded me that she REALLY needed a new exercise book, otherwise there was NO WAY she could do her homework...
Which necessitated a walk down to the village shop and back up. Add another 10 minutes to today's total, and it is starting to look pretty good.

Also discovered that, given the fact that our one and only bar/coffee shop in San Michele just closed down, the men all now hang out in the shop. It was packed (well, packed for SM) - there were five men in there, gas-bagging. I love my village.

Vegan round-up - pasta and vegies for lunch, minestrone with beans and silverbeet in it for dinner, followed by my vegan Peaches and Cream - the cream was made from ground almonds - tasty, but not creamy enough. They were too gritty to have the same mouth-feel as whipped cream. I will keep on hunting.

No comments: